Diabetology unit _
The Unit offers a varied and comprehensive approach to patients suffering from Type 1, Type 2 or gestational diabetes.
Founded in the 1970s, the Diabetology unit has enabled the Clinique de La Source to be a pioneer in therapeutic coaching to diabetic patients.
La Source is the only clinic in the Lausanne area with a specialised unit offering multidisciplinary, personalised treatment for patients suffering from diabetes (type 1, type 2, secondary and gestational).
This unit consists of clinical nurses specialising in diabetology along with a dietician. The team works according to the principles of therapeutic coaching in close collaboration with doctors specialising in endocrinology and diabetology, general practitioners and physicians.
- Coaching regarding glycaemic self-management, insulin injections and treatment using an external insulin pump.
- Implementation of continious glucose monitoring (CGMS-FGM) for diagnostic and/or treatment purpose.
- Treatment of gestational diabetes from the moment of diagnosis
- Nutrition assessment and personalised dietary coaching
- Prevention and treatment of diabetic feet
Courses in functional insulin therapy (FIT)
These group courses are designed for type 1 diabetic patients seeking to optimise their treatment in every aspect of daily life.
Please do not hesitate to contact us by mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 021 641 33 46 for further information or to find out dates for forthcoming courses.
All outpatient services prescribed by your doctor are covered by basic health insurance (AOS) at the same rate as in state hospitals.
Clinical Nurses specialising in Diabetology