Available to patients
The Clinique de La Source is the only private clinic in Lausanne with a diabetes unit offering individualised, multidisciplinary care for patients suffering from Type 1 and 2 diabetes, as well as secondary and gestational diabetes.
The Clinique de la Source is the only private clinic in Lausanne with a diabetes unit offering multi-disciplinary, customised care to patients with Type 1 and 2 diabetes, secondary diabetes and gestational diabetes. The team experts in diabetology at La Source work in line with educational therapy values.
The diabetes unit at the Clinique de La Source consists of a clinical nurse specialising in Diabetology along with a Dietician.
The team works in close collaboration with doctors specialising in Endocrinology and Diabetology, general Practitioners and Physicians. There is regular interaction with the Programme cantonal Diabète (PcD), the DiabeL network and regional divisions of “diabètesuisse” (formerly SDG-ASD).
Outpatient consultations are held at the Clinique de La Source in the purpose-built diabetology room with cutting-edge equipment and treatment.
- Outpatient care in collaboration with the referring Physician for patients requiring new treatment.
- Coaching on glycaemic self-management, insulin injections and treatment using an external insulin pump.
- Implementation of continuous glucose monitoring (CGMs – FGM) for diagnostic and/or treatment purposes
- Treatment of gestational diabetes from the moment of diagnosis
- Nutrition assessment and personalised dietary coaching
- Prevention and treatment of diabetic feet
Courses in functional insulin therapy (FIT)
These group courses are designed for Type 1 diabetic patients seeking to optimise their treatment in every aspect of daily life.
These sessions incorporate new technologies and in particular, the functionalities of insulin pumps, the use of continuous glucose monitoring and the latest Android and iOS applications.
Courses last seven weeks and take place on Monday evenings from 6.30 pm to 8.30 pm.
- Diabetic monitoring during the patient’s stay with the agreement of the referring Physician.
- If required, the specialist opinion of a Diabetologist during the hospital stay.
- Care of patients hospitalised for inaugural diabetes admitted by the emergency unit.
All outpatient services are covered by basic health insurance and are charged at the same rate as in a state hospital.
Prescription for a diabetology consultation
Discover our medical Newsletter about the Diabetology unit by clicking here