Key facts and portrait _
The only private acute care clinic in the Canton of Vaud belonging to a non-profit Foundation.
Located in the centre of Lausanne in a green setting, and with over 150 beds, the Clinique de La Source is the biggest private institution offering acute multidisciplinary care (Surgery – Medicine – Maternity) in the region.
Founded in 1891 and highly committed to its independence, the Clinique belongs to the Fondation La Source, a private non-profit institution which also oversees the Institut et Haute Ecole de la Santé La Source (HES-SO).
Constantly evolving in order to meet the needs of patients and the most recent technological innovations, the Clinic devotes significant attention to pursuing a traditional approach to hospitality and quality healthcare, driving it to surpass itself in every way.
2016 key figures
Did you know that more than 100’000 patients place their trust in the Clinique de La Source every year?
Independent accredited doctors
506 of which 41 adjacent surgeries
17 medical specialisations
- Anesthesiology 24h/24
- Interventional cardiology
- Orthopaedic surgery and traumatology
- Plastic, reconstructive and aesthetic surgery
- Visceral and thoracic surgery
- Gynaecology and obstetrics
- Intensive medicine
- Internal and general medicine
- Nuclear medicine
- Medical and surgical oncology
- Diagnostic and interventional imagery
- Radio-oncology / radiotherapy
An overview of the Clinic’s activities
- 4’480 patients treated as inpatients (including AOS - patients with basic insurance admitted for emergencies - and da Vinci patients)
- 8'524 patients treated in the day clinic
- 93'000 patients treated as outpatients
- 15'000 surgical interventions
- Nearly 400 births
- 12 operating theatres + 2 delivery rooms :
- 7 multidisciplinary operating theatres
- 1 multi-purpose outpatient operating theatre
- 1 operating theatre / specialising in endoscopy
- 1 cardiac catheterisation room
- 2 interventional imagery rooms
State of the art technology
- In the operating unit: OR1 theatre - X1 da Vinci robot with Trumpf Table Motion - O-Arm
- In radio-oncology: TrueBeam - TrueBeam Edge - PET-CT
- In radiology: 3 MRI – 2 Scanners - VARIAN - EOS
- In the multidisciplinary outpatient centre: EBUS
- 57 private (1 bed)
- 52 semi-private (2 beds)
- 10 in general wards
- 25 for daytime hospitalisation (outpatients)
- 6 in intensive care including 1 in isolation
In addition, the radiology and physiotherapy institutes, the laboratory, the outpatient, La Source Medical Centre - emergency, breast imaging and radio-oncology centres take on patients without supplementary health insurance at the same rates as the public hospitals.
Quality of care and medical staff skills
In order to ensure irreproachable quality of care and personalised treatment for each patient, the Clinique surrounds itself with the best professionals. The high quality setting and facilities attract many well-known surgeons, obstetricians, internists and anaesthetists, all independent FMH specialists, who are accredited by the Clinique de La Source and play a key role in the success and reputation it enjoys. Forward-looking, the Clinique is actively involved in training Western Switzerland’s future medical profession through the Ecole La Source, an ideal training venue for students which is famous for its academic excellence.
Chief Executive Officer