1891-1921

THE EARLY YEARS

  • 1891

    With the agreement of the Foundation Board, Charles Krafft transforms his apartment into a little clinic which opens on 1st October the same year.


  • 1907

    La Source obtains electricity.


  • 1913

    The Clinique de Beaulieu becomes a general medicine clinic treating surgical, general medical and delivery cases.


  • 1919

    Henry Krafft, the older son of the director, installs an X-ray facility at his own expense, thus creating the first radiology service in the region.


  • 1921

    The Clinic de Beaulieu becomes the Clinique de La Source.


  • 1921

    Both the Clinique and the School become the owner of a Foundation which henceforth shares the name La Source.


1921-1988

REACHING MATURITY

  • 1927

    A little operating wing connected to the infirmary is built and the Clinic is restructured with the creation of a maternity section and a nursery for 12 babies.


  • 1960

    The expanded, renovated Clinic now has 120 beds.


  • 1961

    La Source becomes a centre for cardiac surgery, directed by Professor Charles Hahn, considered to be the pioneer of coronary surgery in Europe. Open and closed heart operations follow one after another.


  • 1988

    Michel R. Walther takes over the management of the Clinic while Christiane Augsburger, a graduate of Bon Secours, takes the helm of the School.


1991-2013

CONSTANT EVOLUTION

  • 1991

    A new floor with 14 rooms inaugurated as well as the operating unit being completely renovated


  • 1993

    Installation of a magnetic resonance imaging apparatus (MRI).


  • 1994

    Opening of an Intensive care unit with a round the clock FMH anaesthetist. Expansion of Physiotherapy Service.


  • 1995

    Opening of a new 12 bed Outpatient Centre. Developments in the Clinic’s laboratory in the realms of haematology, serology and clinical microbiology.


  • 1996

    Radiology Institute renovated and Maternity transformed.


  • 1998

    Opening of the Radiotherapy Centre at La Source.


  • 1999

    Opening of the Vidy Source Medical and Surgical Emergency Centre.


  • 2000

    Set up of Quality Management Services.


  • 2003

    Creation of a dedicated oncology treatment unit in addition to a nuclear medicine unit. Development of a unit for orthopaedic and trauma surgery. Creation of a unit for interventional cardiology.


  • 2004

    Renovation and inauguration of the Maternity ward, which is named Source de Vie .


  • 2005

    Renovation and expansion of the Outpatient centre.


  • 2006

    Renovation of the kitchen with the creation of a dining room named Source des Saveurs.


  • 2007

    Renovation of the operating facilities and set up of the OR1 block, a system which makes it possible to control all suspended machines from a touch screen


  • 2008

    The Clinique de La Source earns Recognition for the Excellence of its Management and Services from the European Foundation for Quality Management (EQFM).


  • 2009

    Renovation and inauguration of the Clinic’s exterior on the Vinet side.


  • 2011

    Extension and renovation of the Radiology Institute and the Centre Médical La Source, previously knowns as VidySource Emergency Centre. Renovation of La Source Centre for Radio-oncology and acquisition of a Truebeam.


  • 2012

    Inauguration of the La Source-CHUV Robotic Surgery Centre with a state-of-the-art da Vinci robot. Development of a new operating theatre (SOP 7).


  • 2013

    The Laboratories are moved and expanded. Creation of four more hospital beds and seven additional outpatient beds.


  • 2014

    On 1 June, Dimitri Djordjèvic takes over management of the Clinic from Michel R. Walther.